Have you ever heard of Cortana? !! In this case, you don’t have to worry about “Why is Cortana not available on my Windows 10 PC or laptop”. Because we will give the best about it. Apart from that, we also put together a service so that you can activate and use Cortana on your Windows PC, let’s look at the next below.
Before discussing the problem, we will provide a little information about Cortana if you don’t know it in its entirety. Cortana is the most impressive feature of Windows 10 and really helps you in every way when using a Windows PC.. Many users use it because their work will become easier. It works just like Siri on iPhone devices and Cortana itself works on Windows 10. It helps if you say ‘Hey Cortana’ and are free to say commands. You don’t need to bother using a mouse and keyboard if you use Cortana. Cortana will automatically recognize your voice if you tell it to look for something. So far, it’s been impressive and Cortana is one of the most useful features in Windows 10.
Why isn’t Cortana available on my Windows 10
Return to like the first topic we discussed above. Some of you must be wondering why you can’t use Cortana on your Windows 10 PC? The answer is Maybe Cortana isn’t available for certain regions yet.
As you already know Cortana is currently only available in the United States, United Kingdom, China, Germany, France, Spain and Italy. If you are not from one of these areas, you may get an error message like the one below, “Cortana is not supported in the region and language you selected.”.
Don’t worry all you have to do is you can enable and disable Cortana using the actions below.
How to Turn on Cortana on Windows 10
If you really want to use Cortana, here’s how you should do it. Follow these actions effectively if you want Cortana to work on your Windows 10 PC:
- First of all, you have to open the Control Panel on your Windows 10 PC.
- If you have followed the first method above, then you have to go to Hours and Regions.
- Next select or click on Region, and then the Region window will open.
- And you will see it in the region menu. In the window, change Home Location and set it as United States.
Note: At this point Cortana should have started working for you. However, if not, then you will need to follow these steps to Enable Cortana on your Windows 10 PC:
- And then you select the format menu. In the Format Tab, you have to set the Format as English (United States).
- Then you have to click on the Administrative menu. In the Administrative Tab, you have to click on the Change System Locale button and set the Current system location to English (United States).
- After you have followed the steps above, it would be better if you reboot your PC and then try to activate Cortana again.
If you have followed the steps we gave above but it still doesn’t work, you can still try the next method below:
- First of all Open Time & Language settings.
- If so, then you have to click on the Add Language option.
- And you will be under the language menu, then click on the language method you use.
- If so, under Windows show language, and select Make default show language.
- If so you have to reboot your Windows PC and try using Cortana again.
Note that changing the Region and Language of your Windows PC to either the US or UK will likely get your Cortana working
It would be better if you wait for Microsoft to expand the list of regions that are supported by Cortana, because that will work best without doing the method above.
Hopefully the short tutorial above was able to help you activate Cortana on your Windows 10 PC and fix the problem you are experiencing. If you have a topic or problem regarding Windows you can contribute. Thank you for visiting our website.